Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Lonely (an early Valentine)



- I've tried every trick I know to inspire a mutual love to grow. But I'm not the kinda' guy you like. Peacocking won't make me your type.
(Bridge) I don't got tattoos, like that younger guy. I won't make you drool, like that younger guy. I'm not drippin' in success, like that younger guy. I'm not pretty when I sweat, like that younger guy.
(Chorus) I'm lonely, lonely, lonely, without you...Yeah. Lonely, lonely, lonely, without you...
- Felt so perverse when I tried to approach you, I didn't know what to do. 'Cause I could see how you'd just see the exterior you can't see thru'.
- I can see what you're into: A whole lotta' it's-not-me. Breakin' me up, 'cause your desire is all I ever wanna be.
Tuned down to D. This is an early Valentine to Jessie May in Grayling, who I was in love with for the better part of seven years. I've written her over 30 songs since 2011, most of which are lost with time. I usually write her a song for Valentine's Day and post it early and then take it down when she fails to notice that it was to her. This is the first time that I included her name in the data info of the file, for those of you who buy it and see it in the album info.
  almightydown.bandcamp.com/track/lonely-that-younger-guy






-


Popular Posts